In western society, we are often more detached from our baby. In many tribal cultures, a baby will have skin-to-skin contact while held in a sling by the mother. This contact is missing in our society today, through our baby massage training you'll learn how to reintroduce this to your lives.
Baby massage in tribal culture has been practised for hundreds of years, if not thousands and with great effect too.
There are so many benefits for baby massage that we couldn't possibly list all of them, but here are some of the main ones:
- Build a stronger bond and connection with your baby
- Introduces and reinforces the positive touch between parent and baby
- Many studies have associated baby massage with increased learning abilities
- Helps to alleviate colic, pain, reduces stress hormones and anxiety
- Introduces more restful sleeping patterns
- Gives your baby emotional contact
- Improves the baby's circulation and muscle tension
- Suports better digestion
- Helps your baby to be happier and more relaxed